Life is the best personal growth school. Relationships are like a masterclass!
This week we’re exploring the mirrors that are other people.
People can trigger the S#!t out of us and that’s why they’re amazing portals for us to do our inner work.
- Don’t take it personally.
How people do one thing is how they do ALL things. It’s not specific to you.
- Acknowledge you’re triggered.
That might mean you’re reacting really strongly to something that seems really small.
For example: When my mom would come into my room and ask: “would you like some tea” and I would yell at the top of my lungs “NOOOOOO GET OUUUUUUUT” #teenagersarenuts. I wasn’t reacting to the tea, I was reacting to my perception of her coming into my space.
- Leave the other person out of it for now & go within. Do your inner work.
A few favorites: What am I ACTUALLY reacting to? What am I needing that I’m not getting? What is this really about for me? Am I judging something in them that I don’t allow in me?
- Integrate the wisdom you’ve received from your inquiries.
Give yourself what you need, forgive yourself for the judgments, etc.
- Find some gratitude for the person who was a portal into these gifts.
- If needed, return to the situation an expanded version of yourself that can handle the trigger.
On a lighter note:
The qualities in others and our admiration are also triggers for us to look at those qualities in US! Because they exist!
Tell us: What’s a quality you admire in others?!
P.S. If you loved this, you’ll love hanging out with us at Empaths with Big Dreams, where I try to teach something useful every day.