“Rule of thumb: The more important a call or action is to our soul’s evolution, the more important the Resistance we will feel toward pursuing it.” ― Steven Pressfield, The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks & Win Your Inner Creative Battles
Resistance: Those thoughts you think, those beliefs you believe, those foods you eat, those people you hang out with THAT STOP YOU FROM SHOWING UP IN THAT BEAUTIFUL WAY ONLY YOU CAN.
Resistance Shows Up When…
- You want to make something beautiful.
- You have a song deep inside of you that wants to come out.
- You have words you’re yearning to write.
- You want to connect with someone in a deeper way.
- You want to ask for what you need.
- You want to choose differently for yourself.
- You want to tell someone you love them.
- You want to see the world.
- You want to do something really nice for someone.
- You get in touch with your beautiful heart and it tells you what it wants.
- Something comes into your life that is entirely pure and beautiful.
Resistance Makes You…
- Run Away.
- Believe Bullshit Things like “I’m not good enough” or “I don’t deserve this” or “I can’t handle it”
- Have Meaningless Sex.
- Over work.
- Watch endless TV.
- Invent Excuses.
- In the end, it makes you sick. It may even kill you.
Resistance Tries To…
- Stop you from risking for more.
- Keep you Small.
- Keep you in the status quo.
- Keep you in the same patterns, because they’re more comfortable even if they don’t work for you.
How To Beat Resistance:
Decide that you’re too valuable to die with your song still inside of you.
Feel the fear, and do it anyway.
Feel the resistance, do it anyway.
[bctt tweet=”Peer into your heart. Put your attention there. Listen. There’s something so beautiful in there that wants to come out.”] What is it saying? “I want to write?” So write. Just start. Just show up. “I want to garden”? So garden. Just Do It. It doesn’t need to be professionally. Just for you. Just do it. To learn how to create the environment for you to listen,click here.
The Bright Side:
This resistance we feel isn’t fun. It’s horrible in fact! Nobody likes it.
Yet, it does show us that that call or action you’re resisting is, in fact, instrumental to your soul’s evolution.
Do This Now:
1. Ask “What Am I Resisting”?
It doesn’t matter if there’s no answer. Just asking it is enough.
2. Show up for something you’ve been resisting NOW.
Show Up NOW. Don’t think. Don’t comment. Don’t share. Don’t reread.
GO OUT THERE AND BEAT IT! The world needs your gifts. It needs you healthy. Happy. Wise. Strong. Clean.
My intention for this piece: Getting 50 People To Get Out A Hammer And Smash Something They’re Resisting. Be Part Of This Change!